Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rain on Waymouth


I've had this painting done for a while but added some needed darks today. I also added the bicycle, which I think has added some charm to the scene. The building on the right is the Union Hotel. The Union was the place to go for a quick, cheap businessman's lunch - the place was always a buzz when my dad took me there. Today it is more upbeat and hip. Still a great place for lunch no doubt.

A table at the Union
Where ties and shirts still meet
A parmi with some favourite sauce
And a beer goes down a treat.

Rain on Waymouth
Available at the Blackwood Rotary Art Show

1 comment:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Absolutely love this one Mike. You capture the rainy day feeling so well. I'm jealous :) I'm also enjoying the lovely little poems that go with each piece. Do you include the poem when you show the piece in a gallery?