Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yacht club pines















When I saw this scene at near Victor Harbor Yacht Club I knew it would make an exeptional subject for a painting. I was captivated by the the serenity of the park and the lady reading while have a picnic on the right. The dark forms of the row of pines are like frames in which to view the yachts getting ready to race. Further still there is the beach and the buildings of Victor Harbor where people are enjoying the warm conditions. After I had finished the painting I sat and looked at it for ages - I think it is the most beautiful scene I have ever painted and hope I have done it justice.
Yacht club pines - acrylic on canvas board - 40x30cm
Available at Bay Discover Centre, Glenelg, SA
On, under and by the sea postcards exhibition.
Feb 26th - April 27th, 2011

2 comments:

Oli said...

Amazing Picture, congratulations!

Aubrey Studebaker said...

I really enjoy the composition- how it is set up almost like a bunch of little scenes as seen between the trees. Nice!