Monday, June 13, 2011

Semaphore shade















I am revisting one of my favourite subjects - in fact I will be painting a series of these in the next few months.
If you are wondering what the people on the jetty are looking at, the scene is based on photos I took of the annual Kite Festival at Semaphore some years ago. The jetty had hundreds of people of all ages trying to get a vantage point to look at the incredible array of kites on show. As you can see I did not paint every person that was on the jetty that day! Blue sky, barmy autumn sea breeze and a display of kites you would not believe.
Semaphore shade - 30x40cm - acrylic on linen board
Available at the Blackwood Rotary Art Show - 14-24th July - $695

4 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Very nice painting! The day sounds like a relaxing and entertaining outing.

Megha Kapoor said...

simply out of the world very nice!

donnathomas.com said...

I always find interest in this type of evenly balanced work of the suggestion of people in an every day scene. Well done!!! Wonderful palette, once again!!! Nice brush work.

Happy Thoughts said...

beautiful!